Saturday, December 10, 2011

Adventures During My Absence.....


Last week, before the need for a pity party hit.... I took a much needed sick day to get some rest and get over the crud that had been plaguing me since Thanksgiving. It turned out to be a very good thing. We had another pup spend the night due to an unexpected cold snap and the morning of my sick day, I was in the kitchen making a bagel and cream cheese for my breakfast. Visiting pup and Thing 2 were having a grand time playing. Let me make it clear, Visiting Pup is a VERY sweet dog and they seemed to take to each other like long lost friends. They were romping around the house, just having a ball. And then, they apparently started playing too rough. And boom! A fight broke out. Which I got to break up. Fun. After I pulled them apart, I surveyed the damage.

Visiting pup was fine, not a mark on her. Thing 2, however, had a gash on her head. She thoroughly got her behind kicked by a pup half her size. At first I thought it was a scratch, but when I went to clean it.... I could see that it needed more medical attention than I could provide. So I loaded her up and took her to the vet. Four staples, antibiotics, pain meds and $75 later, we came back home. The rest of the day went without incident although the pups ceased to romping around the house.

Needless to say,I wasn't really expecting the additional $75 in vet expenses this month, but when you are a pup lover, it is sometimes to be expected. Thing 2 has healed well and the staples have been removed and she now sports a rather rakish scar. Still, not an experience I'd care to repeat.







No comments:

Post a Comment