Sunday, January 30, 2011

How Did I Get Here?

I think that when you are trying to get out of debt, it is important to look at how you got there in the first place. So, with that in mind, this is where I was on January 1:

Credit Card 1: $1980.39
Credit Card 2: $9109.50
Vet: $219.90

Total: $11,309.79

That number is more than a quarter of my gross earned income. GULP. And I know exactly how I got there.... several vacations that I could NOT afford, several Christmases where I went overboard and thought "Oh, I'll pay that right off" and a couple of pet emergencies. Fortunately, my day to day living is not included in those numbers. Neverthless, I've definitely been living far beyond my means, especially when you consider that as of January 2007 I had zero debt.

 It is definitely time for some belt tightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment