Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Still Waiting For The Clusterflake

You know, if we are going to have bad weather, I wish it would just go ahead and happen. Seriously. I stayed home from work yesterday morning waiting to see what the weather would do. Stuff froze for a very short time, but I ended up getting to work around 10:45.

Now the waiting game begins again... the forecast calls for icy conditions this afternoon. I do not relish the idea of getting stuck at work or walking home --- I live close enough that walking is an option, but it is still a pretty long walk. Schools have been closed for two days now. Honestly, I think they should have waited until yesterday morning to make the call as a delay would have worked fine. Today, they could have gotten in at least a half day. I know they are gun shy due to the serious Clusterflake we had two weeks ago, but still.

I admit to being a bit gun shy myself. I had friends that spent the night in their cars. Definitely not where I want to be! This is Alabama though! We are not supposed to be living in a constant state of "will it or won't it" in regards to winter weather.

Guess I'll get ready for work and see what the day brings! Y'all stay safe and WARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment