Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Not Enough Coffee On The Planet

Last night I had planned to get into bed, no later than 10:00. Well, that didn't happen. I finally crawled in bed at 10:45 and set the alarm for he Princess's curfew time. The Princess got home at 11:15, just after I had gotten to sleep really good. I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep.

At just around midnight, my cell phone starts ringing. Blocked number. Weird. But I answer it anyway. At the other end of the line was some very angry woman wanting to know why I was calling her boyfriend at midnight when he has to get up at 3. Huh? What? I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, but she insisted that someone from my number had called her boyfriend and she wanted to know why I was doing that! Huh? What?

After arguing with her for a bit (why did I do that?), I finally told her that she had obviously read the incoming number on her boyfriend's phone wrong and I was not going to argue about it any further. She told me that if I dared to call his number again, she'd go to the police for harrassment. I told her she was welcome to and just hung up.

After that, I had a hideous time going back to sleep, and then woke up again at 4. It is going to be a long day --- and I have a ton to get done today. This is my last day at work this week because the Princess is having all four wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow. Yeah, that's a $921 hit I'm not thrilled about taking right when tuition bills are coming due! Fun! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment