Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to the Daily Grind

Last night I sat down and thought about it ---- out of the last 14 calendar days, I've only worked 3! I took a full week off for my wonderful, awesome beach vacation.... went back to work for 3 days, then took Thursday and Friday off for the Princess's wisdom teeth. That makes this Monday HARD to face. I mean really, I have to work a WHOLE FIVE DAYS IN A ROW! (Ha!)

The Princess is recovering well.... the right side of her face has very little pain. The left side, where the procedures were more difficult, well, that's still swollen and has a lot of pain associated with it. Hopefully we will see more improvement today.

As for me, I've got an insane week ahead. We are on the countdown to moving the Princess into the dorm. 12 days. I'm hoping to finish up getting all the stuff we need this week so that the weekend can be spent organizing it all. I'm dreading this....

Not only the financial aspects, and the physical work your behind off aspects, but the real looming prospect of the empty nest. For the past 14 1/2 years it has been me, the Princess and then the addition of the Thing 1 and Thing 2. I'm not ready for one quarter of us not to be here on a daily basis. Wasn't the first day of kindergarten just last year? I am SO not ready for this!

But for today, its back to work for me. Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment