Thursday, November 21, 2013

Contemplating Thing 3


When we lost Thing 1 in August, many people asked me if I was going to get another dog. At that time, we just weren't ready. Although I did know I would eventually. So, the Princess and I have decided we are ready. The trick is finding the right pup for us. A friend had rescued a stray and was looking to adopt him out. I thought that would be perfect, so the pup came for a visit. That visit was one step shy of disaster. He was constantly looking for our friend, and kept getting out.... of the house, of the fence, all in all it was a stressful combo --- he wasn't ready to let go of his rescuer, and my house is less than 100 yards from a busy busy road. It just wasn't going to work. I hated to give him back, because he was a sweet pup, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Later that week, I was in our vet clinic and I mentioned the failed home visit, and how we were ready for another pup and Thing 2 was pretty bored and lonely. They mentioned that they had stray that had been there for a few months and they were looking to adopt her out (my vet will not surrender strays to kill shelters) and wondered if I was interested. I was, so they brought her out to meet me. Sweet girl, very excited at first but then calmed down quickly for hugs and loves and ear scratches.

So, Saturday morning I will bring her home for a weekend visit. I'm hopeful this will be right fit for us all. For me, the Princess, Thing 2 and the sweet girl with potential to be Thing 3. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. Look at that tail go! Good luck I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are excited! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Is that the photo of the first visit or second? Cute pup either way! How young is s/he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's about 1 1/2 --- she's the potential pup we have coming over on Saturday.

      Delete