Saturday, November 2, 2013
And Another One Bites The Dust......
Earlier this week, I noticed that my microwave wasn't heating on the 30 second and 1 minute buttons. No worries, I just started using the 2 minute button. But in the back of my mind, I knew it wasn't good. I was hoping it would last until the Black Friday Sales, at least. No such luck. This morning I popped my coffee cup in to warm it up. And pressed the 2 minute button. It started going... but made a terrible sound (closer to what my lawn mower sounds like than what a microwave should!). And it smelled funny, not quite like something burning, but close. Yeah, ummmmm, I think it was done.
So I turned it off and unplugged it. Crap.
Being ever resourceful, I dragged up the Princess's teensy microwave from her dorm. FYI, when a college student "says" she's cleaned the microwave, you might want to check on that before putting it up to store. Ew. So, I got busy cleaning that. Then my mom called. I told her what I was doing and why and she was like "Oh, No!" -- it seems her "friend" had gotten rid of an almost brand spanking new one a month ago when he'd moved to a place that had a built in. But she called him to check just be sure. Somebody must have felt sorry for me, because she called back telling me to go to his house and get it! Woo hoo! I asked how much? And she laughed and said NOTHING! That's my absolute favorite price!
So, I hopped in the car and headed out to get it. Lost about 2 hours of my day, but I consider it time well spent!!!!!!!