Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Viva Italian Days! Publix Shopping


This week's shopping was a doozy. I had a plan in place, but I quickly adjusted it on the fly when I got into the store and the Publix Store Coupons were all over the place, meaning quite a few items were definitely down to my "buy it now" price. I think this is the longest it has taken me in the grocery store in quite a while, but it was definitely worth it. Here is what I got:

1 Purex Laundry Detergent
2 Smart Balance Spreads
3 Green Giant Frozen Vegetables
2 International Delight Coffee Creamers
10 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
2 Tyson Chicken
1 Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs
3 Progresso Chicken Broth
1 Lucky Charms Breakfast Bar
1 Nature Made Fish Oil Capsules
4 Green Giant Canned Vegetables
1 Sundown Adult Multi Vitamin
2 Kraft Shredded Mozzerella
4 Pedigree Dentastix
1 Quaker Oatmeal
4 Hefty One Zip Freezer Bags
1 Muellers Whole Grain Spaghetti
3 Zatarains Rice Mix
4 Ramen Noodles
3 Hunt's Tomatoes
1 Gatorade
Bananas
Fresh Express Salad Mix
2 Kraft Chunk Cheese

When I got to the checkout I was a little nervous looking at my cart as it was close to overflowing:



I hadn't had a cart that full in quite some time and I was hoping I hadn't just sent by budget to squawking! Fortunately, though it came in better than I thought:

Spent: $82.93
Saved: $95.94 or 54%--- and while most of those savings were due to the really great sale prices this week, a full $26 of that was just coupons.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I think you did fantastic! I always get paranoid when my cart gets full. I often shop with a basket because I think that will restrict my total purchase price, and it often times does. $26 in coupons? I applaud to you! Good job.

    ReplyDelete