Thursday, August 22, 2013

Working On The Christmas Shopping... A Bit at a Time

So, the Princess's birthday is past, tuition has been paid, time to start working on a Christmas plan that won't break the budget. I've started picking up a few things as I see them -- if they are on a really good deal!

Last year, I picked up a few things thanks to free codes on Shutterfly. Those gifts were a huge success! So, I've started keeping my eyes peeled for more free codes. This past week and a half, I Shutterfly has NOT disappointed!

First off, I found a free code for a photobook --- that one was used for a sweet album of my pups, it will be nice to have those sweet pics in one place as we continue to mourn our beloved Thing 1. Next up, I got a free code for a free photo magnet via Kellogg's Rewards ---- that was used for a magnet of Thing 1 for the Princess's stocking. Next up, Facebook code for a free photo wall calendar. I'm not huge on wall calendars, but thought it would be a great present for the Princess's grandparents (on her Dad's side). So, I mined through pics of the Princess and her brothers (she has two from her Dad's second marriage) and compiled a pretty great calendar.

I'm happy with my progress so far. Slow and steady wins the race!

So tell me, do YOU Shutterfly?

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big photo person, much to my dismay, so no, no Shutterfly for me. Very cool that they're handing out all these things now! I'm sure they will become scarce or rarer once the holidays get closer, so good job for getting all that started! I should start looking for free or cheap Christmas cards, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get busy with my Christmas shopping too! Congrats on your early deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought my first Christmas presents today. I found a couple children's metal detectors on clearance at Walgreen's for $4 each. Almost anytime I go into a store I check the clearance section. We have a lot of family to buy for so I try to get all the deals that I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've picked up a few other things along the way, too. Now I just have to be sure I stay organized with them.

    ReplyDelete