Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Free Night Out That Wasn't

I had free tickets to see Elton John last night!!!!! A sweet friend had scored free tickets and invited me to go along with her. I was so excited and had looked forward to the night out all week. I knew what I was going to wear and was totally pumped about it.

Then, at around 3 o'clock or so, I was scrolling my fb feed on my phone. And there it was... another friend had posted that the concert had been cancelled due to "medical reasons". I was so bummed out, but quickly started searching the internet for verification. Yep, it had been cancelled. Awwwwww.

We started talking about what else we could do, but never really hit on anything. This friend tends to be more of "nothing fun starts til 10" type, while I'm a "10 o'clock is past my bedtime" type. If I don't head out early, I'm no good for the rest of the evening.  By the time an idea was thought up, I was in my pjs.

We have plans, and (again) free tickets to see Maroon 5 on the 26th! I'm really hoping that night out happens --- love that band and have never seen them live (and the Princess is quite jealous, I might add!).

So, any fun plans for you this weekend? I hope they work out better than mine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment