Thursday, April 11, 2013

It Is April In Alabama.....

And that means severe weather, and quite possibly tornadoes. And today looks to be a day for them.
I don't think we will see anything quite like we did back on April 27, 2011 , but as an Alabamian, you can't help but feel uneasy when they start warning about the weather several days in advance.

It is just after 2 pm, and all of the local schools have already let out for the day. The Princess is at home, as her school suspended classes at 1... and she had Biology at 1 (I know she's heartbroken... not). My office is basically a ghost town as everyone with school aged children have already left to be home with them. As for me, I'm supposed to be here til five.  But I really don't want to get caught driving home in what looks to be some horrible weather. Possible tornadoes, straight line winds, tons of rain, hail, lightning, thunder, etc., etc..... this particular system has already played havoc in more western areas of the country.

So, here I sit watching the radar, and praying that today does not end up like that horrible day back in 2011. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Wow, some serious weather. It must be the same system that is going to reach us here in South Carolina somewhere around 3 am tonight. I am a new reader and follower of your blog. I cant wait to go back into the archives and read from the beginning. I too am just starting to try and dig my way out of debt and while I do have a blog I have just yesterday decided to come clean with myself and begin blogging about it. I am hoping it will help me stay on track..

    I hope all is well weather wise and nothing serious comes your way.. Please post an update on how ya'll are doing over there.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete