Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Free Fresh Eggs



I've never had fresh from the farm eggs before. Usually they come all nice and packed in a carton at the grocery store. A co-worker of mine has a small farm and raises chickens for eggs. She sells the eggs for $3 a dozen and often brings them up to the office for her co-workers to buy. The demand is high for them apparently! Anyway, yesterday she brought some up. They were really small eggs, and she gave them to another co-worker. Apparently these eggs are from her Mom's chickens (Mom is out of town so these were just stacking up) and they always lay these really small ones.

Most everyone wants the larger eggs (more standard size), so she gave these away. I managed to get 9 of them. I brought them home (because I just LOVE free food and I'd been wanting to try the fresh eggs anyway). I boiled one up last night to put on my spinach salad. And OMG! Store bought eggs just don't hold a candle to the truly farm fresh, organic, cage free eggs. Wow. Just WOW.

She's made a definite believer out of me. Now to just fit a regular fix into my budget....

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I am like you. I rarely turn down free food. I can't say I've tried really fresh eggs before, but I sure can enjoy boiled eggs from time to time. Wonder how different is the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a definite difference in the taste AND nutrition factor.. I love farm fresh organic eggs.. mm!!

    ReplyDelete