Thursday, June 6, 2013

Good To Be Home

I've been on the road this week again for work. Traveling has now officially kicked my behind. I am woefully out of practice for that. It was a busy and tiring three days of working and LOOONNNNGGG days. 10, 11 and 12 hour days, Monday through Wednesday. We drove back yesterday in horrendous torrential rain. I was a nervous wreck.

Traveling with others has its own unique challenges every time. You have to really be able to go with the flow. Especially when no one tells you what the plan is ahead of time. Suffice it to say, I'm just really glad to be home.

The Princess stayed home with the pups and I was glad to see that the house was still standing. She did a pretty good job of keeping it at least not any messier than it was when I left. The cupboards are pretty bare and I noticed that my coffee creamer was almost gone this morning. I'm thinking I might just be stopping at the closest grocery after work and picking some up instead of going over to Aldi. I'll pay more, but honestly I don't want to fight traffic at rush hour this afternoon. I'm just too worn out. I'll give it some thought today, but I think that's going to be my plan.

Anyway, that's where I am this week. Tired and glad to be home! And just wishing I could take a day or two off.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Hopefully the rest of the week goes on calmer.

    ReplyDelete