Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally Friday!

I don't know about y'all, but it seemed like Friday would never get here this week! I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that this is the first full 5 day work week I've had since early December. I took some time off over the holidays. Then I took a vaycay day after the National Championship game. And then last week we had MLK day. I guess I've gotten used to working 4 day work weeks!

This weekend I have pretty much the standard things planned: clean house, laundry, cook. But I'm also going to spend a fair amount of time at my sister's house helping her clean out her basement. She has a fully finished basement that has somewhat become a catch-all for everything. We are having the Princess's graduation party at her house in May and so by doing this it will save me about $400 over the cost of renting another place (my house is NOT large enough to hold everyone). Besides, its nice to help my sis out every now and then!

I'm also hoping to sit down and some point and really get my tax stuff in order. I'm still waiting on the info from the side gig, but in the meantime I still have to get all of that other stuff in order so that when I do get the side gig info, I've got it ready to take to my tax guy. I need to get those taxes done early so I can fill out the FASFA.

So, what about y'all --- any great plans for the weekend or just work, work, work?

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually not working this weekend, so I am hoping to get some rest. This week has indeed been dreadfully long, and I am hoping Friday is the rebel day and goes by faster than the preceeding 4. I am ready for February to get here. Actually, I'll gladly take a skip-over February and just move straight into March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think! February is a short month so maybe it will be easier to make budget ends meet? Hopefully?

    ReplyDelete