Sunday, January 22, 2012

You Play, You Pay....

The past few days have been a whirlwind of playing and not getting much done around the house. I will definitely pay for that today as I have piles of laundry that need doing, dust bunnies to chase, a sink full of dishes to contend with (how have I not eaten a single meal at home all weekend but still have a bunch of dishes to do?????). So, today will be all about getting all of that done.

As for the play part --- well the great thing is that was actually a very inexpensive play weekend for me with the exception of the gas burned up (I went to some places that aren't in my normal circle so I'm due for a fill up!).

Anyway, Friday night I did a mystery shop with a friend. Since she was being reimbursed for the whole thing, PLUS paid to shop it, she picked up the tab (which we kept under the allowable expense amount!) which meant: A free dinner out --- and I had leftovers to bring home! And I got grilled chicken and a salad which meant I stayed on the healthier eating course (ahem! we won't mention the basket of bread. cough. cough).

Yesterday, I met a friend for coffee and doughnuts. I ordered 2 doughnuts and a latte, which is something I rarely do, but it had been WAY TOO LONG since I'd been able to hang out with this friend, so I splurged. I only ate one of the doughnuts, so that will be my breakfast this morning! (So much for healthier eating - ha!) Still, the total cost was less than $5 and being able to catch up with this friend in person was worth every single penny!

Last night, I met my mom and her boyfriend for dinner -- he is super sweet and likes to get all of us together every couple of months. Since the place he prefers is a smidge pricey, he always does it as his treat. I'm always careful to watch what I order when someone else is picking up the tab, so I got a grilled chicken salad -- which was absolutely yummy, and again, I had plenty to bring home! And stayed within the healthier eating goals! The dinner was fabulous and relaxed with zero family drama. Woo hoo!

So, while I will pay today for all the play with labor, I really hardly paid at all from wallet! A successful weekend indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment