Friday, September 21, 2012

Saving with an OOPS!


This was a good week at Publix --- at least for some stockup stuff. I don't normally buy a lot of frozen dinners, however, I'm having surgery in a few weeks, and though I'm told I'll be good to go within a week, I'm still not sure how much of that good to go will actually involve wanting to cook, so I stocked some backups! My "oops" was that I forgot to give the cashier my coupon for the Aussie hairspray ---- I had $3 off 2 and manage to leave it in the envelope. I will take the coupon receipt and hairspray back to the store when I'm over there sometime this weekend to get it worked out.

Anyway..... this is how I did....

5 Progresso Recipe Starter
4 Chef Boyardee Canned Pastas (this goes in the Princess stockpile)
2 International Delight Coffee Creamer
3 Boxes Kleenex
2 Quaker Oatmeal
6 Stouffer's Indvidual Entrees
2 Herbal Essences Shampoos
Bananas
1 Mrs. Pauls Fish
2 Aussie Hairspray
1 Boston Butt Roast
1 Gallon Publix Milk (completely free!!!)

Spent: $ 46.03
Saved: $40.89 or 47%

If I hadn't had the OOPS! I would have spent $43.03, saved $43.89 for an almost even 50% savings!



1 comment:

  1. I hate when that happens. Sometimes I go to the store with the whole purpose of using a particular coupon, but walk away with it still somewhere in my coupon book!

    ReplyDelete