Friday, September 28, 2012

The Quest for the Perfect Shoes

So, my baby brother is getting married next weekend. I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding and I'm super excited about it. My sister-in-law-to-be is completely fabulous and let us pick out our own dresses (she picked the designer and the colors, we could pick any style we wanted). So, that part is terrific.
One hitch though -- the color is hard to work with when it comes to shoes. Really hard to work with. Not quite gold, not quite bronze. Kind of in between.

Last Sunday I set out on a mission, to find the perfect shoes. Eight stores later, no luck whatsoever. Today, after work I went to the mall --- and hit up every place there that sells shoes (well, except the ones that sell athletic shoes because I'm not walking down that aisle in Nikes!). And again... no luck at all.

So tomorrow I shall set out on an all day quest! I AM GOING TO FIND THE PERFECT SHOES. And they are not going to cost $175. That, I can promise!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could find a white pair and have them dyed to the color you need? That's what I did for afriends wedding I was in oh so many years ago. The dresses were a burgundy color so we bought cheap white sandals and had them dyed to match the dresses.

    ReplyDelete