Monday, October 8, 2012

And I'm Back!

What a whirlwind weekend. I'm back, exhausted and maybe even working on getting sick. (Going from high 80's to the 50's is horrendous on my sinuses!) We left on Thursday for a LONG 13 hour drive to South Florida for a truly lovely wedding. After getting there, I crashed out "early" --- as in unwound for a bit and stumbled into bed at 11:30 that night. Not really early, I must say....

Friday, we did a lot of running around for the after rehearsal party, a lot of cooking, but managed to fit in the first real manicure and pedicure I've had in years. Not frugal at all, but my fingers and toes do look quite fabulous! The rehearsal was quite terrific although somewhat unsettling as a massive South Florida storm raged around us the whole time. After that, my Dad and I made a trip to the airport to pick up the Princess. Given that it was her first flight since she was five, the landing in a storm had her a little unsettled, but she handled it like a pro. We made it back just in time for the END of the rehearsal dinner. Oh well, you do what you gotta do, I suppose. We cleaned up the place and crashed again.

Saturday dawned pretty and gorgeous. I was the self appointed shower monitor. Basically I cracked the whip on making sure that the 11 people staying in the house were getting ready to get out the door in time. I finally had to take my brother's (the groom) phone from him and tell him he was holding up everybody else and that he could have it back after he was all squeaky clean! He grumbled a bit about me treating him like he was 12, but did as I said! Ha!

Everyone got where we were supposed to be and on time. Except two bridesmaids that showed up five minutes before the ceremony..... which is when we realized we were short one bridesmaid bouquet. I took off running to the cooler in the kitchen, grabbed the "leftover" flowers and a stray piece of ribbon, bound it up really quickly and dashed back to the church. I gave my lovely "on time" bouquet to the very late bridesmaid and took the scraggly one I had just thrown together for myself. (How's that for keeping the peace since the bridesmaid was a bit petulant about not having a bouquet?--- I refrained from mentioning that had she been there on time we could have fixed the issue in a more aesthetically pleasing way). The wedding was gorgeous --- my brother handsome and his bride absolutely beautiful. The reception was fun and it was handled as though it was all done by professionals --- my Mom did the flowers and tables, the bride and her cousins cooked all the food.

Yesterday came EARLY and we all got up and started preparing to come home. The Princess caught her very early flight back to school and later, I caught mine at a totally different airport and made it back home safely.

I took the day off today to recover, and get some stuff done around this house as its kind of been a crazy week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it was such a good time, and that the storm helf itself off a bit for the wedding to happen. That sure sounds like a lot of traveling. Hope you get plenty of good rest today!