Sunday, October 21, 2012

In Praise Of Banana Pudding

After a week of basically being a SLUG, I finally had some energy today, even if I'm not up to 100%. That meant getting the house in SOME sort of order before returning to work tomorrow, cooking an actual Sunday lunch and making the Princess's favorite Pumpking Chocolate Chip Cookies for her to take back to school. After she hit the road I decided to be productive and clean out the pantry (since I'd dropped a few things on my head and toes over the course of the weekend, I thought it might need some reorganizing).

So, I did that and decided to make use of a couple of things that needed to be eaten kind of soon and made some banana pudding. Banana pudding has got to be one of the THE best comfort foods known to man. And so simple to make (and no, this isn't all the way from scratch -- I wasn't THAT industrious!). I mixed up the pudding, sliced the bananas and realized that I didn't have any vanilla wafers (horrors!), but what I DID have was an unopened box of Do-Si-Dos (Peanut Butter Girl Scout Cookies in case you didn't know), that was rapidly approaching its "best by" date. (Do NOT ask me how we managed to skip inhaling an entire box of Girl Scout cookies --- it is simply unfathomable). So, I put the cookies in the bottom of the dish, put the bananas on top and poured the pudding over it.

I let it chill for a few hours and OMG. Do-Si-Do Banana Pudding is freaking awesome! Absolutely YUM. Comfort food with a twist. Okay, I'm going back to get another bowl... shhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment