Friday, October 11, 2013

Driving Down The Gas Buget


I absolutely adore it when Publix does it $10 off a gas card promotions. I especially love it when it falls in a week that they have good sales on other things we use. For one, I was running dangerously low on laundry detergent! Don't like getting down to one bottle. I'd HATE to have to pay full price! So, the Publix sale did me right.

I did buy one thing there that I normally never buy..... a rotisserie chicken. This came about from a rough week at work, the Princess begging for her fave dinner of chicken puffs, and I had no thawed or pre-cooked chicken. I've bought the rotisserie chickens at Sam's before, so the Publix one was a big disappointment. Relatively dry, half the size and almost twice the price of one from Sam's. Lesson learned.

Anyway, the rest of the deals were pretty good.

3 Palermo's Thin Crust Pizza
1 Angel Soft 12 Pack
2 Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
4 Nature Valley Protein Bars
4 All Laundry Detergent
3 Publix Canned Dog Food
4 Progresso Soups
1 Rotisserie Chicken (NOT worth the $, even for the convenience)
1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Glade Twin Pack Plug In Refills

Spent: $48.97
Saved $55.57 or 53%

PLUS got a $50 gas card for $40 -- Not too bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment