Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to Reality

I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful, peaceful and blessed Christmas. Ours was wonderful. I spent the days leading up to in a flurry of baking, cooking, cleaning and last minute trips to the grocery store. The fabulous thing about having a teenager that drives is that you can send them with a list to pick up those last minute things. The not so fabulous thing? Even with a list they forget something!

I spent yesterday relaxing and getting the house back in some semblance of order. Its not the
re yet, but its slowly is getting there. I also went out to Target to get slip covers for my hand-me-down den chairs. I got several Target gift cards for Christmas and this is what I wanted them for. I also managed to pick up a couple of ornaments for next year gift giving, but passed on the Justin Beiber and Spongebob gift wrap (that's all that was left that late in the day). I will keep my eyes open over the next few days for paper I like because although I only had to purchase ribbon and gift tags this year, my paper is stock is now very low.

Today, I head back to work after 6 days off. Its hard to get motivated this morning. I'm drinking my coffee and wishing I could just snuggle back in bed! Cold, rainy weather isn't helping my motivation either!

I hope you all survived the insanity of the Christmas season with joy, laughter and love. Now, back to the real world!

3 comments:

  1. It definitely is hard to be motivated right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think I'd take a teenager that forgets stuff from the list over one that adds multiple things to it without your consent. Glad you had a good holiday. Only 4 more days in the year; make them count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, but I don't want to go back to the real world yet!! *stamps foot and pouts* ;-)

    ReplyDelete