Friday, July 26, 2013

It Has Been 25 Years....

I graduated from high school in 1988..... it really does not seem like that long. This weekend we have our 25 Year Class Reunion. This one won't be as big or as formal as our 20th was, or our 30th will be. We are holding rather informal events this year, Friday and Saturday nights. I'm really looking forward to it. As a result of the 20th reunion, and facebook, I've rekindled some old friendships and made some new ones with people I wasn't particularly friendly with back in the day. I'm glad I am now.

Some of the people I've become friends with live in town, and some out of town, and in the past few years we've gone through a lot together --- graduations, divorces, debt journeys, job losses, moves, even a few grandchildren have been added to the mix (but I still consider myself too young to be a grandparent -- even if some of my friends are -- ha!). Several of those that live out of town are making the journey "home" for it. I can't wait to see them!

I'll have to be careful this weekend as all events will involve places where spending can get out of control. No sense in going crazy and putting too much additional strain on the budget. Still, I'm excited about the weekend --- looks to be a fun one! Any good plans for your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment