Friday, April 20, 2012

Back to Couponing at Publix


Lately I've done very little coupon shopping. I've actually done very little shopping, period, but as we were starting to run out of stuff, I knew the time had come to stock up, and finally, the Publix sales were working WITH me. I made a quick run to Publix after work on Wednesday and picked up the following:

3 El Monterey Tacquitos (these are actually for an upcoming party next month)
2 6 packs Propel
2 Glade Candles
4 Lysol All Purpose Spray
6 International Delight Coffee Creamers
2 Smart Balance milk
1 Hunt's Ketchup
2 Playtex Tampons
2 SoftSoap Handsoaps
1 Publix Peanut Butter (Penny Item!)
3 Busy Bones Dog Treats
2 8 O'Clock Coffee
4 Ramen Noodles
1 Angel Soft 9 Pack Mego Roll

Spent $54.08
Saved: $69.67 or 56%

I've found that as prices continue to rise, it becomes more and more necessary to pay attention to coupon use and sales, especially for non-food items that have a good shelf life. It really cut a lot off of your overall bill! In this trip alone, coupons accounted for $24.28 of my grocery savings, and I spent less than an hour total locating, clipping and matching the coupons to sales. That's a decent "pay" for an hour's worth of work.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about how worth it is to spend an hour or so getting your coupons together. Gotta love good sale weeks at Publix too!

    Thanks for linking up at Couponing & Cooking's Weekly Totals!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I know a lot of people say couponing isnt for everyone, but it adds up if you can sneak it in. Sure, it may be $0.50 here and $1 there, but over a year, it really adds up. Especially with good prices going up and income staying the same!

    ReplyDelete