Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Best Savings Percentage in Ages!


I generally try to just go to Publix once a week. Usually on Wednesdays to take advantage of the Penny Item Promotion. After going several months without having a printer or computer that would effectively print coupons, I kind of forgot about what great deals you could get using print at home coupons. However, a friend that is going through some very difficult times financially started asking me about couponing, and since she didn't have any newspaper inserts to start with, I got on the phone with her and walked her through printing and accessing the match up sites. While doing that, I realized that there were a LOT of coupons that went along with the current Publix junk food sales. I decided that a quick trip was in order --- football season is here and a bunch of snacks to accompany game day football watching is important! So.... here is how I did:

1 Publix Lemon Lime
4 Bugles
3 Golden Grahams breakfast bars
3 Chex Mix
3 Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix

Spent: $8.55
Saved: $30.43 --- That's 78% --- My best savings percentage in AGES!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! My grocery is having a really good sale and they have store coupons in their ad. I matched some up with manufacturer coupons and I think I can save some good money. I hate to spend a lot of money on snack foods so I'm happy to have found some coupons to pair with the store coupons.

    ReplyDelete