Sunday, September 25, 2011

Might Have to Start Using the Dryer Again

With two people in the house, air drying everything this summer has been pretty easy. With three to four loads to run each weekend, the air drying method went smoothly. My deck has ample space for the drying rack and clothes seemed to dry fairly quickly in the summer heat. Now that things have cooled off a bit, clothes are taking much longer to dry on the deck and everywhere else. (I also use the showere as a place for air drying many of our clothes, but it too can only handle so much at one time!)

I don't know that this is going to be a viable option for us for the fall and winter months. The process seems to take much longer. And while I could adjust my laundry schedule to doing a load almost every evening, I don't relish the thought of having racks of clothes about the house every day of the week. On the weekends, it has worked fine, but during the week. Well, that just might make me crazy. I have a hard enough time keeping up with all that needs to be done on a day in and day out basis sometimes. Racks of clothes, well, that's just not going to help me keep things looking the way I want.

Any suggestions for keeping this up as the weather cools off? I really hate the idea of going back to using the dryer on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment