Monday, January 7, 2013

Roll Tide, Y'all...



Tonight is the National Championship Game. Words cannot express HOW MUCH I wish I was in Miami at this moment. I bleed Crimson. During the "dark years" I managed to make it to just about every single home game (thanks to my Daddy's season tickets). This year, not one single game, although the Princess did! Tonight, I'll sit in our favored "dive" and watch our beloved Tide take on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Tonight, I'll hopefully be watching history happen. I'm hoping for the University of Alabama to take home it's third of the last four National Championships. I'm hoping for the State of Alabama to bring home it's fourth straight (yeah, Auburn got one in there on us). I'm hoping for the SEC to bring home it's 7th straight National Championship.

All day long, my Facebook feed and Twitter feed has been filled with some sort of variation of the picture above. The Chief Financial Officer of my company is wearing a houndstooth suit. Half of my co-workers (including myself) are wearing some variation of crimson or houndstooth. I sent the Princess off to her first day of classes wearing a shirt that said "You Had Me At Roll Tide". To say this is a big deal around here.... well that's an understatement.

I get it that the rest of the college football world is sick to death of the SEC. Can't say I blame them... but for me, Roll Tide and Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, Give 'em Hell Alabama!

1 comment: