Sunday, January 27, 2013

Way Too Much Dining Out

When I started getting serious about getting out of debt, I looked for ways to cut our household expenses. One of the easiest things to cut was dining out and takeout. I planned my grocery shopping, planned menus somewhat and always had a game plan. Since my Mom's car accident, that has fallen by the wayside.

I think I've eaten more takeout meals in the past two weeks than I have in the entire 6 months preceding! Chick Fil A, Milo's, Domino's, Jimmy Johns, Yo Express, McDonald's, Wendy's, Jack's..... the list goes on and on. This isn't good for my bank account nor is it good for my waistline! I tend to make much healthier choices when I'm eating at home vs when I'm in line choosing from a menu. The lure of the really yummy fattening stuff overcomes the voice in my head saying "choose the salad, choose the grilled chicken". I have no willpower in restaurants --- so I need to stay out of them!

Now that things have settled down with Mom somewhat (we still have a long way to go, but things are moving in a great, positive direction), I've really got to stop opting for the convenience of fast (fat) food and get back to doing some cooking myself. My bank balance and the scales will thank me.

1 comment:

  1. My goal this year is to pay off $13000 in debt and to do that I need to have a lot of no spend days and stick to my budget. Stress throws me off however, and the unexpected death of a family member earlier this month blindsided me. So I am getting back on track -- I did also learn a lot by documenting every penny spent and that will continue. Glad to hear your mother is doing better.

    ReplyDelete