Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Costly Mistake

As I've mentioned before I have to travel a bit for work. I generally go out of town 4-5 times per month. That's not quite as bad as it seems because most of my trips are day trips, there and back in the same day. Today, however, I left to head down to Mobile. I packed my suitcase up, dropped Thing 2 at the vet for boarding -- Princess Penelope and Thing 1 are staying with a friend of mine while I'm gone. (This friend has a 3 pound chihuahua so Thing 2 visiting over there is not really an option.) I got to my office and realized I had left my GPS at home, so I made a mental note to swing back by on my way out of town and grab that.

My rental car was delivered at 10, and I hit the road around 11, ran by the house and grabbed the GPS and hit the road. I left out one very important step. I didn't get my suitcase out of my car. And I didn't realize it until I pulled up to my hotel ---- four hours from home! I'm in this town until Thursday and I had no clothes, no makeup, no toiletries. Fortunately my hotel was able to give me (gratis) toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. But I had the issue of needing CLOTHES for the next two days that are work suitable.

So I hopped in the car and headed to Target. The Target close to my house always has a HUGE clearance section with lots of stuff marked 75% off. Not the case at this one. I walked out of there having spent $141 on stuff that I have at home, or rather in my car!!!!!!!! Just on stuff to get me through work the next couple of days!

So after my Target spree, I met my Aunt and Cousin for dinner (which was a budgeted expense) and that was wonderful! I did manage to swing by Kohl's after dinner and managed to pick up two items that I bought at Target for $45 combined, for $13 combined! Will be making another trip to Target tomorrow to take those items back.

I hope I've learned my lesson, because this was simply painful. So much for thinking I was going to possibly break even this month! ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment