Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Haven

I'm having a get together next weekend and I'm determined that the house be presentable. Today was spent cleaning and finishing up nagging little projects that I've just kind of left undone. I've spray painted shelves and ironwork. The fans, ceilings, walls and baseboards have been dusted. I've hung artwork that has been leaning against the wall for six months. Knickknacks have been thoroughly dusted and cleaned. I've regrouted the tub. I've done four loads of laundry. I've moved plants out to their proper places. I've cleaned the deck, side porch and screened porch. I'm WIPED out. As soon as I finish this entry, I'm heading to bed!

Up in that list up there, I mentioned my screened porch. That is my favorite "room" in the house. Its where, I like to curl up with a good book. Or do work on laptop. Or gab on the phone. Or read the newspaper while sipping coffee. Its where my friends and I congregate with a nice glass of vino and catch up with each other. Our house is tiny. But this "room" makes it feel a lot bigger. The picture above isn't very good, but you can kind of get the idea. Its not fancy, just two wicker loveseats, a wicker chair, a wicker end table, an iron and glass coffee table and some shelving (every piece of furniture is hand me down or garage saled) It isnt slick. It isn't new. But it is my haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment