Friday, March 11, 2011

Groceries at Aldi

So, I've been saying I need to do a "real" grocery trip. I thought I'd take care of that little chore after work yesterday. Let's just say it is not really the best idea to go grocery shopping without a list after you've worked for 10 hours. Your focus is scattered, you just kind of mindlessly pick stuff up with no rhyme or reason, AND you forget half the stuff you needed. My store of choice yesterday was Aldi because when there aren't great coupon deals on the stuff you need, the prices really can't be beat. So here is what I got for $41.31 (including tax):


I picked up the following:

4 lbs. ground beef
4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 gallon milk
2 boxes shells & cheese
3 12 oz bags of shredded cheese
1 block cheddar
Flour Tortillas
Sour Cream
2 Envelopes taco seasoning
1 bag onions
2 frozen pizzas

Definitely some freezer cooking in my future this weekend!

1 comment: