Saturday, November 26, 2011

Time to Get Back to It

I keept saying that, but it doesn't seem to be happening. I've been absent the past few days because I didn't have an internet connection where I was staying over Thanksgiving. I had every intention of posting yesterday, but I seem to have picked up the crud while I was out of town. I basically could barely hold my head up yesterday, which, having to make a 4 hour drive home was NOT FUN. Still feeling pretty much like crap today.

So, let me recap my week:

Wednesday: Drove to South Alabama, dropped the Princess off with the StepMom for her to spend a little time with them. Went to where I was staying and crashed out.

Thursday: Thanksgiving. Hit CVS for some of their Black Friday Deals (which I will post about later). Then, went to my Uncle's for a HUGE family Thanksgiving! It was great to hang out with the family, and to stuff myself to misery. After that feast, we went to my cousin's (different side of the family) and hung out for a while.

Thursday Night: Went to the Outlets and scored a couple of sweet deals for the Princess's Christmas. Then went to Target --- or rather TRIED to go to Target. In the area where we were, there is only one Target serving a HUGE area. So, the line was insane! At 12:30, it was still wrapped around the parking lot. We decided we'd rather sleep so we ditched it.

Friday: Got up and begin the long drive home feeling like crap. This necessitated frequent stops to keep myself awake (we even stopped at a Target and I took advantage of a couple of the deals that were still available). Finally got home, picked up the pups, and took a short nap.

Friday Night: "Christmas" with my brother. He won't be able to come home at Christmas this year, so we celebrated early. Main problem? I felt like hell in a handbasket and so did the Princess, so we left before dinner was even served.

Today: Still feel like crap, so I'm taking it easy for now and debating on what I should do as far as watching the Iron Bowl (Alabama/Auburn game).

So, that's it in a nutshell. Not very exciting and feeling like crap. Here's hoping that changes soon. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you are feeling bad. It's hard to be sick around the holidays. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do feel better soon. Definitely not the season to be sick! Glad your Black Friday paid off if just by a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon! It's the pits to be sick at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete