Thursday, May 9, 2013

Publix For Big Savings


I'm always intrigued by those people that can buy $200 worth of groceries for about $20 by using coupons and sales. That just doesn't work in my little world. I've realized that the deals out there aren't as slap yourself in the face good as they used to be, but there are still some deals to be had. I don't have the time to devote hours of my day to clipping and sorting coupons or scouring ads for the best deals ever. I tend to limit my grocery shopping to Aldi and Publix and a local Piggly Wiggly (if their ad is really good or I need something RIGHT NOW because they are on my way to and from work). I'll check out my Target's grocery department if I'm there anyway, but for the most part.... well, I'll spend maybe an hour per week working on my Publix couponing --- and that's plenty. I don't believe in having a couple years supply of anything stashed in my house. Anyway, here is what I picked up the other day....

2 Sea Pak Shrimp
1 Digiorno Frozen Pizza
2 Stouffers Family Size Entrees
3 Crystal Light
3 Voskos Greek Yogurt
2 Beneful Snackers Dog Treats
3 Boxes Publix Tampons
2 Bottles of Wine
1 20 oz Coke (free product coupon)
1 Reese's (Publix free product coupon when you buy a 20 oz coke!)

Spent: $44.83
Saved $44.54 or 49.8%





Spent: $44.83

2 comments:

  1. I love the two freebies. I too have sort of stopped with coupons, mostly because I am not buying enough to justify it. And the stuff I do buy is mostly coupon-less stuff (raw chicken and fresh produce come to mind). You still always do pretty good! 50% savings is tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there aren't many of the chicken and produce coupons around, but ever so often there are. I've gotten pickier about what I clip these days though. I'm just not going to chase down all the deals -- but certain things like toiletries, paper products and the "lazy meals", well, I know we are going to use them, and I'd rather pay as little as I can for them. Right now, Aldi is my friend to keep me in the basics. I'm also dropping big fat hints to those friend with green thumbs! ;-)

    ReplyDelete