Thursday, May 30, 2013

Really Need To Grocery Shop

Its been over two weeks since I did a real grocery shopping. Granted, the Princess was gone for week of that time, and I was gone for three days, but the pickings are getting slim. Especially since the Princess has completely changed the way she wants to eat. She is making a concerted effort to stay away from wheat and corn products. That means no pasta, which tends to be a dietary staple around here.

We are still in the process of getting the house back in order from the bedroom re-do. Lots of regular chores like laundry, straightening up, grocery shopping etc, got pushed to the back burner. The house looks like crap. The pantry is bare, except for crap. I need to get caught up in a huge way!

I'm sending her to the store today. A simple shopping. At Aldi, with a list. I'm hoping she won't deviate too far from it. Maybe I'll get her to take a picture too! I'm just hoping this won't be too bad on the grocery budget. Turning a teen loose in a grocery store can be dangerous I think!

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya! we are pretty bare as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was going to be a nightmare to do without pasta, and further harder to do without rice or major carbs (potatoes and such), but you actually don't notice it a lot. Vegetables can fill in for cold salads instead of pasta, or even just broiled broccoli with pasta sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I am in the process to re-do our diet so we eat less processed food and eat more organic or natural foods. It's bad enough the BF drinks like 4-5 Mountain Dew's a day. I've been reducing the amount of carbs I eat, and paying more attention to the type of carbs I eat. The BF does not care for whole grain pasta, even though they are much better for you. I will make him a convert yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not spend much at the store at all. We buy the necessities and very few "extras". Whatever we don't spend over our budget, we immediately pay to our loans. Keep at it!

    passingthroughdebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My main problem is the Princess does NOT like fruits and veggies so for the most part I've had to get sneaky with them. She seems more willing to branch out a bit now.

    ReplyDelete