Friday, May 3, 2013

Stress + Headache = Budget Busting

This has been a week.from.hell. Without going into a lot of detail, this just has NOT been a good week. All I can really say is that it has translated into huge headaches at the end of the day. Those headaches meant I did NOT want to cook dinner at all. Enter the budget busting. Wednesday night's headache translated to carryout pizza. $15 dollars worth. Last night's headaches meant $15 in Chinese food.

While $30 isn't really THAT much in the grand scheme of things, it does mean that I have very little left for dinners out this month ---- and I'd penciled in a couple of meet ups with some of my friends. Those will likely have to be pushed to June since with a birthday, Mother's Day and my niece's graduation.... well, May is pretty expensive as it is.

Oh well.... I guess I'll get out the pencil and calculator and start crunching numbers. That won't be stressful at ALL.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think that definitely qualifies as emotional spending, and at $30, it's not too bad! I hate that feeling too, when I'm left with practically nothing for the next 10+ days of my 14day allowance. I'm sure you will make it through, though. Good time to make a batch of frozen food so you can curve the next headache attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know sometimes you just have to eat out when you don't feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had those weeks lately as well, & have been having a really hard time avoiding the convenience stuff. Here's hoping everything starts to turn back around! :-)

    ReplyDelete