Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cell Phones Drive Me Crazy.

It is woefully frustrating that cell phones have a completely limited shelf life. I think they are manufactured to deliberately fail after one year. It drives me crazy.

For personal use, I don't have a smart phone. I have a basic flip phone that takes pictures, sends and receives texts and of course makes phone calls. I don't have a data plan. I just want a phone that does its basic job. Yesterday evening, I was picking up Thing 2 from Brave Friend after my long trip out of town. We were sitting on her porch visiting when Princess Penelope sent me a text message. I went to open it up, and my phone died. Just completely died. No warning. No going through the wash or being submerged. It just died. So, I'm weighing my options.... this phone has already been replaced by insurance once. I"m not even sure its covered anymore. Actually, I think Princess Penelope's is the one covered since her phone died in January and we upgraded on my line. I've looked on ebay, but I've never been really good with ebay. I'm the kind of shopper that likes to actually know what I'm buying before I buy it. Ebay has disappointed me before.

One thing is certain. I need a new phone. I have a work one that will get me through the weekend, but the minutes are very limited the rest of the time, so I can't depend on that for daily use. So, do I go to the phone store and pay a ton of money, but get my phone today or do I take my chances on ebay? Decisions, Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment