Sunday, April 10, 2011

Keeping it Real

I debated about whether or not to share this. Then I decided that we all stumble in our quest for our goals. So here goes: I love shopping. Not just the save money on groceries shopping. I'm talking the hit the outlets and malls and hit them hard type of shopping. Princess Penelope and I can do some real damage in a very short period of time. The good thing is that we don't end up with a lot of stuff we just can't or won't use. The bad news is we still end up with a LOT of stuff.  Case in point::

The picture is not a good one, but what you see there is the result of an afternoon of post ACT stress relieving via shopping combined with the real need for a few spring wardrobe updates for Princess Penelope. We picked up six shirts/blouses, a skirt, a vest, a hot pink demi-trench, 2 pairs of shoes, sunglasses, bathing suit, perfume and a Coach travel pill box (for migraine meds). All for the "bargain" price of roughly $290. Definitely not my best shopping effort ever. Usually, if I can do much better. And sadly, not one item is mine!

Yes, I could probably take some of it back. But I know I won't. It was all paid for with cash, not credit. But that does mean I will be putting less toward my debt this month and will be doing some serious number crunching to get through til next pay day. But, it is what it is, I suppose. That's my reality for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment