Saturday, April 16, 2011

I hate being wasteful!

After another afternoon dealing with massive storms in Alabama, I arrived home soaked and frazzled. My plans to grocery shop completely out of the window. That left a massive problem since after being out of town all week, I had nothing in mind for dinner and very little to throw together for a decent meal. And since I'd been out of town most of the week, and she was stuck at home on a Friday night because of the storms, Princess Penelope really wanted me to cook.

I considered takeout, but tossed that idea because I didn't want to spend that kind of money, I didn't want to get back out in the weather, and I didn't want to be responsible for someone else having to get out in the weather to deliver it. So, I rummaged through the freezer, pantry and fridge and decided to make Chicken Quesadillas.

Due to Thing 2's extraordinary counter surfing abilities, I always put what's left of dinner after serving in the microwave while we are eating so it can cool and so it is also well out of Thing 2's reach. And then I promptly forgot about it. I forgot while cleaning the kitchen. I forgot while making needed phone calls. I forgot while I was facebooking. And then I forgot while I was getting ready for bed.

I remembered at 530 this morning. Popped straight of bed thinking, "Oh, crap." Stumbled into the kitchen, and opened the microwave. There sat 2 full servings of chicken quesadillas that had been out a room temperature overnight. Ugh. I hope my garbage can enjoys them.

No comments:

Post a Comment