Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sometimes nothing goes as planned....

I'm on the road again for work. Usually, when I'm on the road, Princess Penelope and Thing 1 stay with my BFF. My BFF has a 3 pound chihuahua so Thing 2 and her 65 pound self doesn't get to spend the night. However, this time Thing 2 was going to stay with a very brave friend of mine instead of boarding. However, things didn't go quite as planned.

About 2 hours into my driving, I get a phone call from my BFF. Her 89 year old grandmother has fallen and fractured her ankle, and BFF needs to stay with her and could I make other arrangements for Princess and Thing 1? So, with a few phone calls, I arrange for Princess to stay with her BFF for the next two days, and Thing 1 to go stay with the brave friend and for Thing 2 to get boarded at the vet's. (Thing 1 is eleven and boarding really upsets him at this stage in life, so I try to avoid it if at all possible. Thing 2 adjusts much better) So, Princess gathers up the pups to drop Thing 1 at the brave friends and Thing 2 at the vet. However, when they got to  brave friend's house, Thing 2 looked so hopeful that brave friend just couldn't send her off to the vet.... so brave friend is keeping both Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Did I mention that brave friend has a 98 pound malamute mix, too? So, 2 big pups, one small pup and one human in a 2/1 house for 2 days. Brave friend, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment