Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mother Nature Got In My Way

I had every intention of posting last night. However, Mother Nature totally ruined those plans. I had met several girlfriends after work at a favorite restaurant --- which is actually a pretty good distance from home. As we were leaving the restaurant, it was lightning quite a bit. I called Princess Penelope to tell her I was on my way home, and she told me that the sirens had gone off three times, the storm was heading right towards me, and I needed to get off the road NOW. I hung up the phone and all hell broke loose. I couldn't see five feet in front of my car, it was pouring rain, hailing, and had the nice added bonus of tree limbs raining down on my car.

I managed to navigate to my cousin's house, where her son opened the garage for me and I dashed right in. I was soaked to the bone from that 10 foot sprint (in peep toe pumps, no less). Right after we got the garage shut -- lightning struck the house next door. Fortunately, no fire resulted.... but that was just a little too close for comfort.

When the storm finally passed I made my way home, backtracking several times and taking alternate routes due to downed trees. When I got home we fortunately had power, but no cable or internet connection. So no posting for me last night.

Gotta LOVE springtime in Alabama!

1 comment: