Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Empty Nest Groceries


So, after very little grocery shopping in recent weeks (WHO HAD TIME?), I decided that in order to eat somewhat healthy with my empty nest, I needed to have at least some food on hand to prevent the trips to Sonic. So, I went to Aldi and picked up a few things:

1/2 Gallon Milk
2 Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Vine Tomatoes
Turkey Lunch Meat
Special K Pastry Crisps (these are for the next time I see the Princess --- she LOVES these things)
Garden Salad Mix
Bananas
Squash
Frozen Pizza
Meatballs
Turkey Smoked Sausage
English Muffins
Wheat Thin Crackers
Sliced Provolone
Margerine
2 Avocados
Sweet Potato Chips

Spent $35.41

Not too bad --- but I'm wanting to seriously slash my grocery bill since there's just one in the household day in and day out so we will have to see how well I can do in coming weeks -- but for now, I just needed FOOD.


No comments:

Post a Comment