Saturday, August 11, 2012

Today's The Day

Today my sweet Princess moves into her dorm, 2 and a half hours away. Its going to be a hard day because she is now having cold feet. No one from her high school is going to the same school. Her roommate has been down there for a few days already, because she is doing sorority rush. The Princess opted against going through the sorority rush because of financial and time management aspects. School doesn't come especially easy for the Princess so she really did not want something else tying up all of her time.

Last night we went over to one of her friends houses for dinner and to hang out before both girls move into their dorms at their respective schools today. Goodbye was hard as this family has been the Princess's second family for years now ---- lots of tears from all of us.

When we got home, the Princess talked about all her fears as we sat on the couch with Thing 1 and Thing 2 snuggled up between us. Lots more tears all around. I'm hoping and praying that this transition will be easier than she thinks it will. I remember it being hard to transition myself, and I was only 30 minutes from home. And I also was in a sorority, which makes it much easier to meet people sometimes.

This is going to be hard. On both of us. I just hope it is harder on me than it is on her.

2 comments:

  1. It is scary...and there will be tears. But in a few days, she will settle in. Start meeting people.

    Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it will be a lot easier once she's there. That first step is always the hardest. Best of luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete