Friday, August 24, 2012

Grocery Saving With Publix


Most of my grocery shopping lately has been done at Aldi. I like the fact that I don't have to think very hard to still get great value. With limited selections, they either have what's on my basic list or they don't, so my in and out there is very fast. There's also the fact that the regular grocery store deals haven't been quite what they once were. But, there are still some good deals to be had.

This week's Publix deals weren't stellar, but with an empty nest, there wasn't a whole lot I needed anyway. However, the Powerade deal was enough to get me through that door. They had the multipacks on BOGO and had Publix coupons for $1 off in the paper a couple of weeks ago. Then you add in the fact that the penny item this week was toilet paper (and who couldn't use almost free toilet paper?) --- and I made the trip to the store after work on Wednesday. The list is short, but here's what I got:

2 Powerade Multipacks (for the Princess to take back to school with her next time she comes home)
3 Ken's Marinade
1 Publix Greenwise Toilet Paper

Spent: $6.28
Saved $17.69 or 74%

The really interesting thing is that had I bough just ONE Powerade multipack at regular price, my grocery bill would have been more than what I spent on 2 multipacks, 3 marinades and a 4 pack of tp!
Coupons CAN still work in your favor, even if you have to watch the deals a bit more closely now!

No comments:

Post a Comment