Sunday, August 26, 2012

Not Even Sunrise

If I had to choose a least favorite time of day (or night), I think it would have to be 3 a.m., specifically 3 a.m. when you roll over and then just stare at the ceiling. I'm typically an early riser, and since my pups feel that the moment the sky starts getting a tad bit brighter, it is time to begin the day.... well, I rarely ever sleep in.

BUT, I do usually sleep until at least the sky starts brightening up a little bit. Not so this morning, I rolled over at 3 a.m., and there was the ceiling, staring back at me. I rolled over again and closed my eyes. They popped back open. I tossed, I turned. And then I started thinking heavy thoughts. Those heavy thoughts CERTAINLY didn't let me go back to sleep!

Finally, after 4, I gave it up. I staggered into the kitchen and put coffee on. I let the pups out, gave them some breakfast and here I sit. I should get productive, but quite honestly, even at now 4:45, I can't quite see straight!

It is going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment