Friday, August 31, 2012

Homeward Bound

First of all, I just want to say that this waking up way before sunrise thing has got to GO! Right now, it is almost 5 a.m., but I have been awake since 3:30. Yesterday, I woke up at 4:30. This is just not cool. I am exhausted.

Anyway, The Princess is coming home today! Since it is Labor Day weekend, she was going to be her until Monday anyway, but her Professor for her afternoon class today cancelled class so she is going to get on the road heading home a good four hours earlier than planned and will miss Rush Hour in both of the large cities she has to travel through. (That always makes Mom happier!). And then, (Bonus Time), her Professor for her one Tuesday class cancelled classes too, so she doesn't even have to go back until Tuesday, meaning she will miss the majority of the Labor Day traffice too!

I have figured out that she took too many clothes with her to school since she has informed me she hasn't yet had to do laundry --- and swears she still has clean clothes left! Looks like I will be spending the majority of my weekend handling that! (Thanks, Princess). I should probably make her do that laundry, but I'm well aware that the primary reason kids come home from college is so that someone else will do their laundry.

I'm also very well aware that most of the Princess's friends will be coming home this weekend too, so I'm resigned to the fact that I will likely only see her in passing for most of the weekend. That's one reason why I'm so pumped about class being cancelled on Tuesday --- that means I'm going to actually SEE her on Monday night as all of her friends will be heading back to their respective schools then.

I just cannot wait to see my girl! Three weeks is a long time for this Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment