Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Think I Can

I have spent a large amount of time in the last 24 hours crunching numbers. I have come to the conclusion that I think I can do this! I might actually get through this month with $5 to spare! Of course that is all contingent on things such as making sure I stay within the grocery budget for the month of February (I only have $35 to last the month! Hoping that gas prices don't skyrocket and that Princess Penelope and I can get through the remainder of February on $30 in gas -- which should be completely do-able considering my office is a 7 minute commute if I hit every single light and her school is pretty much the same. That even factors in picking up another 50 pound bag of dog food for Thing 1 and Thing 2.

I think I have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel though. These recent warm days have meant that the heat is not running constantly, which translates to a much lower gas bill and probably power bill in March. The winter has been brutal and both January and February well exceeded my estimated costs of natural gas. That has definitely meant struggling to slash other budget areas to cover the overage in the utilities category.

But for now, I think I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment