Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring Fever, in February

I think I have mentioned that I am SO over winter? Well, this weekend will give me a hint of the spring to come. Tomorrow should hit the upper 50s and Sunday the low 60s. I am so flippin' excited! I have absolutely NOTHING planned for the weekend, so I think my weekend will consist of coffee and the newspaper, followed by a bit of laundry, a bit of cleaning and then..... YARD WORK!

Yes, I am one of THOSE people that actually like yard work! Granted, raking leaves, weeding and cutting grass aren't my favorite things in the whole world, but digging in the dirt, shaping up the flower beds and starting prep work for the spring.... well that just kind of rocks my world. My yard is in sad shape right now, as it has been just too cold to do a whole lot of winter yard maintenance so I'm very anxious to get it started on the clearing out part of it. Then when spring is finally sprung, I can get down to the fun stuff.

I also have several projects on tap for spring, including painting my porch, sanding down and then restaining my dining room furniture and installing a rain barrel. Since that's some of the "fun" stuff --- AND I have to wait until the temperatures are more consistently warm for all of that, I need to get a jump on the not quite as fun stuff.... and after a miserably cold winter.... I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment