Friday, February 25, 2011

The Siren Song of Spring....

In Alabama, we like to think that when the daffodils start opening their golden trumpets, spring is on the way. Last night, we were reminded, rather rudely, that daffodils don't herald spring down South, tornado sirens do. I went to bed at a reasonable time, and around 11:30, we were awakened by the sirens. I flipped on the tv, checked the radar and we went to our safe place. A massive squall line was cutting its way through the state, with tornados likely. Fortunately, I don't think any ever developed, but goodness, that storm was loud!

After it all settled down and we went back to bed, it was after 2 a.m., before I finally got back to sleep. That did not make for a happy 6 a.m. wake-up or a long day traveling back and forth to Montgomery for work. I had planned on doing some grocery shopping this evening, but by the time I got back to town, that was no longer an option! I had a huge list of things to accomplish this evening, but for the most part, I'm just too worn out so I'm vegging out a bit and waiting for Princess Penelope to get home from her evening out with friends. I will have to seriously get busy tomorrow.... as this weekend appears to be far too short to get all done that needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment