Friday, July 1, 2011

Easy Shopping At Aldi


Today has been an emotionally exhausting day. I went from the high this morning of paying off Credit Card #1 to the super low this afternoon of knowing that co-workers in other states were losing their jobs because of contract changes in those states. Nothing they did wrong or the company did wrong. Its just the way it went down and it was a total shock. It could have happened in my state too. So between being glad and joyful that I've still GOT a job, its also tempered with sadness that friends and colleagues are losing their job. And its a terrible time to be job hunting. So basically, I just didn't feel like figuring up my coupon matches and such for this week's somewhat lackluster Publix ad. So, I went to Aldi, the easy choice for the basics.

And here's what I got:

2 boxes dog treats
2 cans black beans
1 can butter beans
1 can kidney beans
Baby Carrotss
2 Boxes Shells & Cheese
1 Cucumber
1 carton light sour cream
2 cans crescent rolls
1 carton ranch dip
1 frozen cheese pizza
1 jar pasta sauce
1 pint blueberries
1 jar mayonnaise
1 jar alfredo sauce
4 bags shredded cheese (which is getting ridiculously expensive)
1 bag ranch tortilla chips

Spent: $40.69  Saved: my sanity

2 comments:

  1. Great Job at Aldi this week. Stop by Pounds4Pennies and LINK UP!

    http://pounds4pennnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to get things and not worry about the coupons. I have had those same ups and downs with the economy. I am thankful I now have my job back after being lucky enough that enough of other teachers resigned/retired to open positions after the state's budget cuts.

    ReplyDelete