Monday, July 11, 2011

A New Week after a Really Good Weekend

I came through Saturday and Sunday without spending a dime! Whoop! It was pretty easy considering I never left the house, or rather the property (I did do some yard work). And what did I accomplish this weekend? I have a squeaky clean house -- with the exception of the office/craft room which currently looks like a hurricane hit it! My yard is looking good --- yesterday's rain (finally) helped that. And I'm all prepared to hit the road for work this week and I know I'll come home to a clean house. I have a ton of travel on tap for this month.

No spending days will be harder to find the remainder of July. Travel means $$$. In addition to work travel, we are also taking a trip for Princess Penelope's birthday. This is her only gift this year, and its not going to be a cheap one. This is it for "vacation" too. An overnight trip to Atlanta to see Britney Spears in concert. The tickets were outrageously expensive. The hotel is too! I'm trying to come up with a few ways to cut costs. Definitely taking snacks and such. Princess has saved up her own spending money so I won't get stuck paying for Tshirts and such. But we really cannot wait.

My Mom's birthday is also this month.... on the SAME DAY as Penelope's! Have NO CLUE what to get her!

As for the new week, I have to swing by the vet's to pick up flea meds. Fleas have been horrendous this year! I also have a meeting this evening and have to pay $3 as part of the meal we are having at the meeting, not a bad deal, but I really wish I didn't have to part with even that $3. I'll have to pay for some eating out on the road, although the hotel I'm staying at has free breakfast and free hot appetizers and beverages in the evening. I can totally make a meal out of that! Thing 1 and Thing 2 will stay with a friend this week while I'm gone, so I will at least save some cash there! Yea! I do need to come up with a great gift for her because she is totally saving me a ton of cash this month! I'd like to say I can stay out of the grocery store, but running low on TP and that's something I kind of deem a necessity!

So, Happy Monday everyone! A new week! Let's go!

4 comments:

  1. Sound like a GREAT birthday present...for both of you!

    Let's hear it for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is becoming increasingly popular whereby a parking and hotel stay are combined. A Manchester airport hotel parking booked as package is cheaper than booking them separately. manchester airport transfers to city center

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other popular choices are the Hilton Philadelphia Airport and the Holiday Inn-Philadelphia Airport. The latter is within walking distance of the John Heinz Wildlife Preserve. Housed on three landscaped acres, the hotel is an excellent venue for conferences or even a wedding. To make guests comfortable, the hotel has staff fluent in foreign languages like Serbo-Croatian and Spanish. philadelphia airport transfer to hotel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine place, a an exceptionally amazing webpage that there is at this point, stick to beneficial financial job, shall be to come back. Packers and Movers Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete