Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Putting It Out There

I've had a side gig going since March. Its been pretty successful so far, but June and July have been slow. I'm also not an extremely pushy type and I know I could probably swing a bit more if I was more aggressive, but this pace has worked for me so far. And talking to others, I know that the summer months are the slowest. So I'm good with it.

One thing that I hadn't really taken into account though was networking. I happened to mention to one of my guy friends, Comic Boy, that I had spent a good deal of the evening doing some set up for the side gig and he said, "Oh, you have a website for that, right? Mind sending me the linke?" So, I did, and he posted it up on his Facebook Wall, and Boom! Within an hour, almost $100 in orders. How cool is that? Just by someone randomly posting my link up and telling people where to find me!

I need to remember that! I've just got to put it out there! If I don't remind people what I'm doing, how on earth are they going to know to come to me when they need something?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I was going to ask you the same thing! I was going to put it on my blog/Facebook page and see if I could get some orders to earn some stuff for myself :) Sort of like an anonymous host for a virtual party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can do that!!!! I will send you an email tonight so we can set it up!

    ReplyDelete